You and your family (partner, spouse) work hard to accumulate assets over a lifetime. The hope is that, when the time comes for you to leverage those assets, they’ll be there for you to benefit from. Asset Management service is all about helping you manage YOUR financial assets using a prudent and conscientious approach.
WHY ASSET MANAGEMENT IS IMPORTANT
Individuals and families depend on the assets they accumulate over the years, being able to sustain them later in life – in retirement or in the event of an unforeseen need. However, not everyone has the time to monitor and manage those assets. And even if you do have the time, you might not have the skills and patience to do so. In not managing your assets diligently over your accumulation phase, you could leave them exposed to erosion, destruction or depletion. The result: You might not have those assets (or a significant portion of them) in times of need.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Our Asset Management service covers:
- Determining your objectives: Not everyone has the same, or similar, financial objectives as they embark upon accumulating their wealth. To manage your assets prudently, we first need to understand what your goals are for initially accumulating and subsequently using those assets.
- Helping you choose your asset mix: There are literally hundreds of asset-types that you can invest in, and as many ways to do so! Depending on your goals for asset use, we’ll help you choose the appropriate asset mix that will most efficiently/effectively pursue those goals.
- Assisting you create a strategic asset allocation plan (SAAP) and tactical asset allocation plan (TAAP): Successful investing is all about successful planning. We’ll help create both long-term (strategic) and short-term (tactical) asset allocation and management plans in line with the recommended asset mix.
- Building your portfolio: Today, thanks to DIY-investing, anyone can create a discount brokerage account and start buying assets and including them into a portfolio. However, that’s not the most efficient or effective way to create long-term wealth. Using the allocation mix agreed upon, we’ll build a results-focused portfolio of individual investments (Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Alternate investments) that will help work toward your financial objectives.
- Managing and monitoring the portfolio: Unless you have the time and patience to dedicate to portfolio management, it may not be able to be done effectively. We know you have other things to do – such as living your life, so we’ll watch over the portfolio for you, helping ensure it never strays from working towards the objectives you desire.
- Measuring performance: We track the performance of your assets under our care and constantly measure how they are performing against industry-recognized benchmarks.
- Managing risk: Our Asset Management strategy includes appropriate risk management as part of this service. Where there are new risks to the portfolio, we’ll consult with you and propose timely and appropriate actions that seek to manage and mitigate them.
- Reviewing, reporting, recommending changes and revisions to the strategy: Our Asset Management service is based on constant and open communication and collaboration with our clients. Through regularly scheduled reporting and conversations, we ensure that your asset management plans are continually reviewed, revised, and updated to meet your changing circumstances.
All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss.
Our Fiduciary Responsibility
We always place a client’s interests first, and truly “step into your shoes” on every financial matter you encounter. These are more than words. Does your investment advisor or financial planning firm “step up” and take the responsibility a “fiduciary oath” conveys? Why should you care about this issue? We want you to believe unquestionably that we will always be on “your side” in any financial transaction or investment. The root of the word fiduciary is fides, which means trust or faith. The word fidelity shares the same root. A fiduciary is one who has power or discretion over someone else’s interest, especially his money. Along with the power bestowed upon a fiduciary comes an obligation to put the interests of the client, plan, or beneficiary first.
Selecting a financial advisor is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. An advisor must be responsive to your unique needs and be someone you can count on for years to come. Our clients come to us because they find that they lack at least one of the three necessities of handling money issues by themselves: time, desire, or ability. So we understand that we must strive to “step into their shoes”, financially speaking, and earn their trust. We believe in always placing the needs of our clients first, and that all matters of “money” require absolute honesty and integrity. We realize that the benefits our clients seek begin with – but do not end with – competence. They also demand convenience, respect, caring, and (once again) integrity.